Owens FAQ
Email to friend
Multiple emails allowed. Separate with commas

Confirmation code image

Type the characters in the image above exactly as you see them

What can I do if I lost my job or have other special circumstances that make the information on the FAFSA not reflective of my current financial situation?

The Office of Financial Aid can take into account certain special circumstances, which may affect your aid eligibility.  These may include:

  • Loss of untaxed income (such as Social Security benefits, child support, or Workers Compensation);
  • Loss of one-time income received in the prior year (must be on your prior year federal income tax return);
  • Loss of income due to layoff, job change, or disability;
  • Medical or dental expenses not covered by health insurance but paid out of pocket.  Certain limits apply.

You can obtain a Special Conditions Application from Oserve and submit it with the required supporting documentation.  Please note that not all requests for special conditions are approved.

Semester deadlines to submit a Special Conditions Application for 2017-2018:

Summer 2017: July 30, 2017

Fall 2017:  November 30, 2017

Spring 2018:  April 26, 2018

Semester deadlines to submit a Special Conditions Application for 2018-2019:

Summer 2018:  July 29, 2018

Fall 2018:  December 6, 2018

Spring 2019:  May 9, 2019