*Disclaimer: Owens is not responsible for personally owned devices or software. Download software at your own risk. For safe computing, always download software from reputable sites.
Yes, you do have to be on campus to set up the wireless network. Here are the instructions on how to sign on to our wireless network:
1. Locate the wireless connections icon located in the bottom corner of your screen.
Right-click on the connections icon to bring up a list of available connections.
2. Find “OWIFI” on the list of connections.
NOTE: Connecting to another network on this list is potentially dangerous, if you decide to connect to one of these rogue networks, YOU ARE CONNECTING AT YOUR OWN RISK!
3. Click on “OWIFI” and a “Connect” button will appear.
If you would like your computer to automatically connect to OWIFI whenever the network is in range, check the box next to “Connect automatically”. To connect to the wireless network, click “Connect”.
A box will pop up briefly telling you that your computer is connecting to the Owens wireless network:
4. Once you are connected, open your browser of choice (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) and you should be presented with a log-in screen.
**Before you are given wireless access, you need to read the Owens Computing Policy.**
Type in your Ozone username and password in the provided text fields. If you have not yet set up your password for Ozone, your initial password is your two-digit birth day, two digit birth year, and 4th and 5th digits of your social security number. For example, if John Doe's birthday is January 11, 1977 and his social security number is 999-66-3333, his initial password is 117766 . You may change your password once you login.
Click on the “I Have Read and Accept The Computing Policy” button to verify that you have read and understand the Owens Computing Policy.
5. Once you have provided your credentials and have verified that you have read and accept the computing policy, you will be presented with the option to either launch the Cisco web agent or to sign onto the wireless network using restricted access. You will want to click “Launch Cisco Web Agent 18.104.22.168”, which will then scan your system to make sure you comply with the restrictions set up by the Owens networking staff. If you click on “Get Restricted Network Access”, you will bypass the scan but you will be restricted in your use and will only be allowed onto the network for a limited amount of time.
6. If your computer meets the security requirements, you will be granted access to the wireless network. You have a short time to click continue and then you will be told that you have successfully connected to the Owens wireless network.
7. Click the “OK” button and you are now free to navigate to a different web-page in your browser window. Please remember to browse responsibly and to always follow the Owens computing policy.
8. To sign off of OWIFI, right-click on the wireless icon in the bottom corner of your screen. Click on "OWIFI" on the connections list and you will be presented with a “Disconnect” button. Click this button to disconnect from the Owens wireless network.