Students who wish to retest for placement must follow the retesting procedure outlined below. Testing Services strongly encourages all students planning to retest any part of the ACCUPLACER Placement Test to study.
Students are permitted two placement test attempts within a 365 day time period.
- A $20 retest fee will be charged for any test or portion of test taken for a student's second attempt, or if an appeal is granted, a third attempt. College Credit Plus students are exempt from retest fees.
Before Second Attempt:
- Students must wait 2 days before making a second attempt.
- Students are recommended to access and study from ACCUPLACER's free study app or free sample questions for ACCUPLACER. These resources can be accessed through the Testing Services website.
Second Attempt -- $20 Fee for any test or portion of test taken for a student’s second attempt.
Before Third Attempt:
- Students may complete an online appeal form to apply for a third retest attempt. The Manager, Testing Services, will decide if a third attempt in approved. All decisions will be emailed to the student’s Owens email account.
- Some examples for an appeal are, a student completing the College Preparation Course through the CCRC office, a disturbance interfered with the test administration, etc.
- If a third attempt is approved, there will be a $20 fee for any test or portion of test taken for a student’s third attempt.
*Students are encouraged to complete the College Preparation Course (CPC) through the Owens College and Career Readiness Center (CCRC) before appealing for a third attempt. Information about CCRC can be found at www.owens.edu/ccr/. College Credit Plus students are ineligible to enroll in CPC.
Third Attempt - $20 Fee any test or portion of test taken for a student's third attempt.
Once a student has taken the placement test and begins the sequence of courses (ENG. MTH, etc.), the student is not eligible to retest. If a student has not attempted a class in at least two years, a student may complete a new placement assessment.