- Log into my.owens.edu using your universal username and password.
- Click Manage My Owens Alerts under My Personal Information.
- To sign up for Owens Alerts, check the boxes next to the alerts you would like to receive.
- Check to make sure the phone numbers listed are up to date and pick one to be your preferred line for Owens to contact you on.
- Make sure you have a cell phone listed under Text Messaging (SMS) Phone, if you want to receive text messages.
- If you would like Owens to send alerts to your e-mail address, enter it in the E-mail Address field. You can also enter an additional e-mail address in the Alternate E-mail address field.
- Click Save Changes.
NOTE: If you have added, deleted or modified your Owens Alert Text Messaging (SMS) number you will receive a Text Message from your wireless provider. This message gives you instructions to unsubscribe or opt-out of our system. This message is required by law because not all colleges provide an unsubscribe or Help Desk services. We recommend that you do not reply to the wireless providers' Text Message. If you unsubscribe using the providers' Text Message you must contact your provider to subscribe again. The College cannot override or act as your agent once you unsubscribe using the wireless providers procedure. Please use the Owens Alert Management web page to make any updates.