Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
I work at Owens Community College and I would like to take classes using the Tuition Waiver. What do I do?
Determine eligibility and percentage of cost covered based on your employment status. Please note the language below regarding the time frame to submit a Tuition Waiver request form:
The employee must submit the completed tuition waiver request form prior to the beginning of each semester of enrollment for credit courses and non-credit courses, and at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of each continuing-education course.
2. Complete an application to the college at www.owens.edu and click on ‘apply today’.
3. If necessary, attend New Student Orientation, sign up at www.owens.edu/nso and then meet with an academic advisor if you have questions regarding your plan of study. Visit www.owens.edu/advising for contact information and service hours.
4. Speak with Oserve if you have questions about payment options beyond the Tuition Waiver, or if you have questions about financial aid eligibility. Visitwww.owens.edu/oserve for contact information and service hours.
5. Review class options on the class schedule. Visit www.owens.edu/class_schedule for a complete list of offerings.
6. Log in to Ozone to register for classes. Click on ‘web registration’ to get started. Not sure how to log in to Ozone? Visit www.owens.edu/helpdesk
7. If you are not able to register online, contact Oserve for assistance with registration via the college Registration Add/Drop Form https://www.owens.edu/forms_current/add-drop-form.pdf or you may send an email from your Omail account, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific course registration number (CRN) you would like to add.
8. After registering for classes and submitting your Tuition Waiver Form, allow 2-3 business days for the waiver to be applied to your account. Log in to Ozone and verify the waiver has been applied by clicking on Account Summary By Term. If you have a dispute with the outcome of your request, contact the Benefits Administrator in Human Resources.
9. If you are interested in auditing the course(s), review the Board of Trustees Procedures: https://www.owens.edu/trustees/procedures/proc3358-11-2-12.pdf