Owens FAQ
Search:     Advanced search

How do I apply for financial aid, and what is the Owens school code to use on the FAFSA?

Article ID: 520
Last updated: 12 Dec, 2019
Revision: 8
Views: 3531

If you are interested in obtaining Financial Aid to help pay for school, the first step is to visit www.fafsa.gov to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

To apply for financial aid for Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020 semesters, complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA using your 2017 tax information. The IRS data retrieval will be available to use on the FAFSA. You must sign the application using your FSA ID, which can be obtained as part of the FAFSA application.  Dependent students need their parent(s) tax information and both the student and at least one parent will need to sign the FAFSA by entering their FSA ID. Please do not share your FSA ID with anyone. 

The Owens Community College School Code is 005753.

After your FAFSA has been processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR).  If you completed the FAFSA on the web and provide an electronic signature and email address, your SAR will usually be sent to that email address within 1-2 days.  If you did not provide an email address, your SAR will be mailed to the mailing address provided on the FAFSA within 7-10 business days.  If you sent a paper FAFSA application to the FAFSA processor, allow 2 to 3 weeks to receive the SAR.

Information regarding your financial aid is usually sent to your Owens Ozone account.  For instructions on how to use the Ozone account, you can download our Guide to Online Account Information brochure by visiting https://www.owens.edu/oserve/manage-account.pdf.    

This article was:  
Also listed in
private Admissions

Prev   Next
What happens if my GPA falls below a 2.0?     What is the difference between full-time and part-time status?