Owens FAQ
Search:     Advanced search

How do I get started at Owens Community College?

Article ID: 451
Last updated: 09 Dec, 2015
Revision: 6
Views: 1033

The first steps are to complete the online application found at www.owens.edu and if you are interested in obtaining Financial Aid to help pay for school, visit www.fafsa.gov to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

To apply for financial aid for Summer 2015, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters, complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA using your 2014 tax information.  To apply for financial aid for Summer 2016, Fall 2016, and Spring 2017, complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA using your 2015 tax information. You must sign the application using your FSA ID and password, which can be obtained as part of the FAFSA application.  Dependent students need their parent(s)’ tax information and both the student and at least one parent will need to ‘sign’ the FAFSA by entering their FSA ID and password.  Please do not share your FSA ID and password with anyone.

Next, please contact Admissions by calling (567)661-7777 for the Toledo campus or Learning Centers at Maumee or Downtown for enrollment next steps, or (567)429-3509 for the Findlay campus.

Avoid the Late Fee, register on time! For Spring 2016 a $50 late registration fee will be assessed if you initially register for classes after 11:59 PM on Wednesday, January 6, 2016. The $50 late registration fee will apply regardless of when your classes begin. The fee does not apply if you initially register before 12:00AM on Thursday January 7, 2016.

This article was:  
Prev   Next
Oserve     How can I learn more about New Student Orientation?