Owens FAQ
Search:     Advanced search

What can I do if I lost my job or have other special circumstances that make the information on the FAFSA not reflective of my current financial situation?

Article ID: 228
Last updated: 21 May, 2014
Revision: 3
Add comment
Views: 5047
Comments: 0

The Office of Financial Aid can take into account certain special circumstances, which may affect your aid eligibility.  These may include:

  • Loss of untaxed income (such as Social Security benefits, child support, or Worker's Compensation);
  • Loss of one-time income received in the prior year (must be on your prior year federal income tax return);
  • Loss of income due to layoff, job change, or disability;
  • Medical or dental expenses not covered by health insurance but paid out of pocket.  Certain limits apply.

You can obtain a Special Conditions Application from Oserve and submit it with the required supporting documentation.  Please note that not all requests for special conditions are approved.

Semester deadlines to submit a Special Conditions Application for 2014-2015

Summer 2014: July 18, 2014

Fall 2014:  November 25, 2014

Spring 2015:  April 24, 2015

This article was:  
Prev   Next
How do I know if I am considered an independent student for...     What does it mean to be selected for verification for financial...