Financial aid recipients who are expected to have funds remaining after tuition costs are covered can use the excess to purchase or rent books and to purchase supplies from the Owens Bookstore using a book voucher. The student can only use the book voucher for books and supplies which are required for their education. This includes the purchase of one computer, laptop, or tablet for educational purposes during the student’s entire academic career. Students are expected to purchase required textbooks prior to purchasing other eligible items. Students are reminded that the book voucher may include student loan funds; therefore, students should consider their purchases carefully.
The book voucher process works as follows.
1. As long as the student meets certain eligibility requirements, his/her financial aid file is complete, and he/she has authorized the use of financial aid for bookstore charges via the Authorization Form, a book voucher will automatically be set up.
2. Confirmation of the book voucher and spending limit can be found on the student’s Ozone account. A link to an active message will appear on the "My Overall Status of Financial Aid" page. Students who do not have a book voucher can click here for more information or contact Oserve.
3. The student brings a copy of his/her schedule to the bookstore and shows his/her Owens ID when making a purchase. The book voucher can only be used at the Owens Bookstore. Students who do not wish to use a book voucher may pay at the bookstore using another method or may purchase books on their own elsewhere.
4. Purchases made using the book voucher will be charged to the student’s account, viewable in Ozone under “Acc. Sum. By Term.”
5. Financial aid for which the student is eligible is disbursed to the student’s account and is used to pay tuition, fees, and book voucher purchases. Any financial aid remaining will be refunded to the student.
Book vouchers will be available during the following periods. All purchases must be made during the book voucher period, including purchases for courses which begin later in the term.
For students whose Satisfactory Academic Progress status is SAP Warning or SAP Probation, or who are near the maximum limit, Fall 2013 grades must be reviewed before a book voucher can be issued for Spring 2014.
Step by Step Instructions for checking on a book voucher:
To view if you have a book voucher, log in to your Ozone account and click on “Financial Aid”. Then, go to “My Overall Status of Financial Aid” and select “Active Messages”. If you are eligible, it will list your Book Voucher amount and the dates for which it is available. To use your book voucher, show your Owens ID at the bookstore, and bring a copy of your class schedule. The Toledo and Findlay bookstores will only accept your Owens ID when using your book voucher.