Owens FAQ
Search:     Advanced search
Academic Advising
document Where can I go to see if my classes transfer between colleges?
Contact the Transfer Advisors for more information! Or visit Transferology.com to search whether or not your classes transfer from college to college!
rating 18 Oct, 2017 Views: 2491
document Explanation of the Terms used on a Student's Class Schedule.
Explanation of Schedule Terms: P/T - Parts of Term defines: number of weeks of the course, beginning and ending dates of course, and last day to add and drop courses (view parts of term schedule below). CRN - Course Reference Number SUBJ - Course Subject ENG - English CRSE -...
rating 23 Oct, 2019 Views: 2232
document How do I apply to Owens Community College?
You can apply online at www.owens.edu and click on How to Apply.
rating 03 Oct, 2017 Views: 2551
document I have applied to Owens. What are my next steps to enrolling?
As a new student, you should submit your official high school and/or GED transcript to Owens along with all official college transcripts. If you are a first-time freshman or a transfer student who is seeking a degree or certificate, then you need to sign up for and attend New Student Orientation....
rating 04 Apr, 2018 Views: 2338
document Where do I mail my transcripts?
Transcripts can be mailed to: Owens Community College Records Office PO Box 10,000 Toledo, OH 43699-1947
rating 21 Feb, 2014 Views: 4390
document Do I need to submit an ACT or SAT score as part of the application process?
Owens does not require SAT or ACT test scores except for certain selective admission programs. However, if you have taken the ACT or SAT and the scores are within the last two years, you may submit them to the college where they can be used for placement into reading, writing, and math classes. If...
rating 03 Oct, 2017 Views: 3630
document Does Owens offer the ACT test?
Yes, Owens does offer the residual ACT test, but these scores can only be used at Owens Community College. For more information about the residual ACT, please contact Testing Services at 567-661-8378. Owens also serves as a site for the national ACT. For more information about this, please visit...
rating 21 Feb, 2014 Views: 2443
document Do I need to take the placement test?
If you have not taken the ACT or SAT test within the last two years, you will be required to take the ACCUPLACER placement test. If your ACT or SAT scores do not place you at college level, you may also want to take ACCUPLACER. The placement scores will determine which reading, writing and math...
rating 25 Sep, 2018 Views: 3828
document If I have a disability, can I receive accommodations for my placement testing?
If you have a qualifying disability, you may be eligible to receive testing accommodations, auxiliary aids and/or services to ensure equal educational opportunity. Please contact the Disability Resource Center at 567-661-7007 to discuss testing options if you have a disability.
rating 03 Oct, 2018 Views: 1858
document Should I attend New Student Orientation if I was a student at Owens in the past?
If you are not a new student to Owens, you are not required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) but you can choose to attend. There have been quite a few significant changes at the college, and you may benefit from hearing about the current policies, procedures, and services at the college....
rating 03 Oct, 2017 Views: 2042

← Previous Next
1 2 3 4 5 6