Owens FAQ
Search:     Advanced search
document How can I change my residency status, so I can be charged in state tuition rates?
Although there are exceptions, you must maintain your primary residence in the state of Ohio for 12 consecutive months prior to the semester being petitioned. The Petition for Change to Ohio Residency Status is available on-line and in the Oserve office on the Toledo or Findlay campus. The...
rating 20 Dec, 2017 Views: 1905
document How can I qualify for in state tuition rates while living in Monroe County, Michigan or the State of Indiana?
Owens has entered into reciprocity agreements with Monroe Community College and the Departments of Education for Michigan, Indiana and Ohio in which out of state residents can attend Owens at in state tuition rates. Not all programs/certificates of study are eligible for reciprocity. Indiana...
rating 20 Dec, 2017 Views: 1842
document What is the Selective Service requirement?
Ohio law requires that all males who are not in compliance with the Federal Selective Service laws pay out of state tuition fees. Federal law requires that all males who are eighteen through twenty-five years of age must be registered with Selective Service. Information on requirements, how to...
rating 26 Aug, 2017 Views: 2272
document What should I do with my loan deferment form?
Submit your completed loan deferment forms from your loan agency directly to the Oserve office and we will send them to the National Student Loan Clearinghouse (NSLC). NSLC will complete the process.
rating 02 Dec, 2015 Views: 1700
document How do I know if I am considered an independent student for financial aid purposes?
In order to be considered as an independent student for purposes of financial aid, you must be able to answer yes to at least one of the following questions (for the 2017-2018 aid year): 1. Were you born before January 1, 1994? 2. As of today, are you married? (Also answer "Yes" if you are...
rating 14 Mar, 2017 Views: 6393
document What can I do if I lost my job or have other special circumstances that make the information on the FAFSA not reflective of my current financial situation?
The Office of Financial Aid can take into account certain special circumstances, which may affect your aid eligibility. These may include: Loss of untaxed income (such as Social Security benefits, child support, or Workers Compensation); Loss of one-time income received in the prior year (must...
rating 20 Dec, 2017 Views: 6343
document What does it mean to be selected for verification for financial aid?
Some FAFSA applicants are selected for review in a process called verification. The verification process will ensure that your financial eligibility is based on the correct information by requesting documentation to confirm the information provided on the FAFSA. Any corrections that need to be...
rating 04 May, 2016 Views: 2163
document Did you get my High School or College Transcript?
Log in to your Ozone account and select ‘My Required Documents’ to see if it has been received. Email questions to transfer@owens.edu from your Owens email account.
rating 04 May, 2016 Views: 1688
document How do I get in touch with my academic advisor to talk about classes/majors or careers?
Log on to your Ozone account and select ‘My Advisor’ to view the name and contact information for your academic advisor. Or call (567) 661-2387 for the Toledo campus, (567) 429-3509 for the Findlay campus, or (567) 661-2732 for the Learning Center Downtown Toledo.
rating 04 May, 2016 Views: 1752
document What is Oserve? How can I get in touch with Oserve?
Oserve is the customer service office for Financial Aid, Records and Student Accounts. If you have questions about a hold on your account, a registration error, how to order a transcript, when your bill is due, or what requirements must be met in order to receive financial aid, Oserve is the place...
rating 20 Dec, 2017 Views: 2967

Previous Next
1 2 3 4