Owens FAQ
Search:     Advanced search
document I have a hold on my account, what should I do?
The steps you need to take to get the hold removed from your account depend on what type of hold it is. Her is a list of the codes identifying the holds and who to contact: AG Attorney General Hold - Please contact the Collections Department at (567) 661-7979 ...
rating 23 Aug, 2017 Views: 2647
document I am a new college student and applicant, when should I meet with an advisor to get guidance on what classes to take?
New students to the college should meet with an academic advisor to get guidance on what classes to take for an up-coming semester after they have completed an application, have placement test scores or prior college transfer credit on file, and have attended a New Student Orientation session. You...
rating 18 Jun, 2014 Views: 1565
document How do I apply for financial aid, and what is the Owens school code to use on the FAFSA?
If you are interested in obtaining Financial Aid to help pay for school, the first step is to visit www.fafsa.gov to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). To apply for financial aid for Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 semesters, complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA using...
rating 26 Jan, 2018 Views: 2788
document When do classes begin?
You can find out the start of each academic semester by viewing the Academic Calendar online.
rating 18 Jun, 2014 Views: 1450
document What can I major in at Owens? What degree programs are offered?
Owens offers Associate Degrees in Art, Science, Applied Business, Applied Science, and Technical Studies with over 85 academic majors to choose from. Owens also offers short-term training and certificates in specialized areas. Click here to check out the online catalog for a complete list of...
rating 25 Jun, 2014 Views: 2218
document What continuing education programs are offered?
Owens offers continuing education classes, training, and certificates in a variety of areas: business, real estate, computers, skilled trades, professional development, healthcare, personal enrichment, truck driving, and many more! Contact our Workforce and Community Services division at...
rating 25 Jun, 2014 Views: 1536
document What programs are offered at the different locations: Toledo-area campus, Findlay-area campus, Maumee Learning Center, and the Learning Center in Downtown Toledo?
There are a variety of classes that are offered at all our locations. To find out what is available when and where, students should view the online class schedule and perform a search based on location.
rating 25 Jun, 2014 Views: 1705
document How many credits do I need to be considered a part-time or full-time student
Any student taking less than full-time or 12 credit hours is considered a part-time student at the college. Any student taking between 12-16 credit hours is considered a full-time student at the college.
rating 25 Jun, 2014 Views: 84789
document What is a credit hour?
A credit hour is the number each course is worth and how many lecture or lab hours a week you can expect to be in class. Your major requires a certain number of hours for graduation. Credit hours are also used to determine your student status and for billing purposes.
rating 25 Jun, 2014 Views: 3186
document Does Owens Community College offer ROTC?
Although Owens doesn't directly offer ROTC, there are options that provide coursework in military studies. These courses may transfer to four-year colleges and universities with Army or Air Force ROTC programs. ROTC programs prepare students to become officers in the U.S. Army or the U.S. Air...
rating 25 Aug, 2017 Views: 2571

Previous Next →
1 2 3